Miss me? With the stress fracture and the end of the year, there wasn’t a whole lotta blogging going on because I took the opportunity to take a break from blogging to devote time to family.
This pic is from my last half marathon of the year in December, the BCS Half Marathon. I have no idea what I was doing in this pic, but I love it! It pretty much sums up me and how much fun I was having and a great memory despite being diagnosed with a stress fracture two days later!
I love this Stevie Wonder song featured in the animated movie, “Sing,” that we saw over the holidays. Some of the lyrics:
Everybody needs a change
A chance to check out the new
But you’re the only one to see
The changes you take yourself through but don’t you worry ’bout a thing!
Here are my 2016 goals:
- Continue to be consistent with running: DONE! I ran 1,667 miles! Not my highest yearly mileage but I was consistent. AND, I biked 260 miles, which I never dreamed of doing.
- New races and PRs: DONE…kind of. I ran some new races: Chevron Houston Marathon, Republic of Texas Half, Buffalo Stampede Half, M2M Half Marathon, and NYC Marathon! I got some fantastic age groups awards at many of the races, and even got first female overall in one race (shocker!!). My goal was to conquer a PR in the half, but I didn’t. I got one PR in my 5K in March: 21:54, which I’m very proud of.
- Get a BQ: NOT DONE. Maybe, MAYBE, someday I’ll get a BQ, but I don’t want that to be my only focus. I really want to just run and be healthy. It would be great to run Boston in the future, I’m not going to lie, but that just might not be in the cards…ever.
- Get back to eating better: Meh. I am really good at eating well part of the time, but when I’m in the middle of marathon training or ravenous, it was really easy to grab a bowl of cereal or something processed.
- Start a blog and write more! DONE. I wasn’t sure about the blog world at first, I really wanted a way to write creatively regularly, but I’ve really enjoyed “meeting” and getting to know so many people and runners through blogging. It’s encouraging and inspiring to hear what others are doing. And I’ve been blogging for 1 year! 🙂
So, stay tuned for 2017 goals. They’re currently a work in progress!