A lot of fun things happened this week in the Weekly Wrap…but sadly not much running… Why?
So, on Tuesday morning, I got in to see the podiatrist and came out with this.
Yep, and my suspicions were confirmed. It’s a stress fracture of the metatarsal (the bones connecting to the toes to the foot). Boo. The bad:
- No running for 4 weeks. I have to walk in this boot for at least 3 weeks.
- Houston is a failure to launch. I had to cancel.
- No biking or foot-related exercises for a bit
- I caught it early, and it could be much worse.
- Recovery time is grand: wine and more time for cooking what I want rather than what there’s barely enough time for.
- With my last race last weekend, I was READY for the end of the year so to keep training into January was kind of wearing on me when my body was begging for rest. This is God’s way of saying I needed a break! Hubby’s travel and working late has been nonstop since I got off the plane from NYC (I wish I was exaggerating!!), my work has been busy wrapping up end of the year projects, and the SLEW of emails in my inbox at this time of year saying, do this at school and chip in for this, donate to this gift exchange, or make these cupcakes, and craft this….I thought my head was going to pop off. ALL good things, really good things, and I love giving my time and energy, but seriously, more than once I Googled “therapist.”
- I’ve been sleeping more, and I feel more rested than ever! It was no lie that with more training, I was feeling tired, but I’ve been running on less than 6 hours of sleep. So, I wasn’t giving my body the time it needed to heal!
- Time to think about new training as this year ends.
So, a whopping 12 miles for the week with biking! 🙂
Believe, me when this boot comes off, I’ll be back out there in no time. In the meantime, I’m doing some core and arms, but taking it easy for the next two weeks to respect the healing process. The doc said, well, you could NOT wear the boot and make this much worse, or you could wear it and be back to running in a shorter amount of time. Um…I choose B.
This week, I got the Runday racerback tank from Getonyourmarq through a giveaway. I was super excited because I hadn’t ever won anything in an IG giveaway. Yay! I’ll wear this someday…just not today when it’s 30 degrees!
Friday, we had our Runegades end of the year party. I had so much fun, I didn’t take one picture! Honestly, I’m so bad! But, I LOVE our group and all the things we did this year. We had a nice turnout almost 30 people, laughed and chatted for hours, and ate three different tacos (what else?) from one of our favorite taco restaurants: BBQ brisket, chile-rubbed chicken, and portable mushroom. OH MY. They were dee-lish! I loved getting to see everyone in the light and in nice non-workout clothes! It’s been fun getting to know the new people in our group.
And, I Christmas came early! I exchanged gifts with some of my besties and got some fun goodies. I got this wooden sign from Eleventh Street Lettering. Isn’t it pretty? I love it in my office. I’m going to think about the layout of my wall hangings in there before I decide on a permanent home, but for now, I like this spot.
So, that’s my week! How was yours?? Any surprises? Did Christmas come early for you?